Select Page

In this #AskAnnette, River asks:

I am a self-employed maintenance gardener/ landscaper
At work, I managed to sever a tendon in the back of my hand and had to undergo an operation to have it repaired
I have been signed off work for 12 weeks and I’m unable to use my hand during this period my claim for ESA has been declined due to me being self-employed and having regular contracts that are paid into my account.
To try and speed up the recovery process and make appts easier ( I’m still working with one hand I don’t have any other option) I have opted to have private physio. Can I offset this against my tax
Also, my parking fees for at the hospital have amounted to more than £100 so far can I also offset these against my tax?